Here's the kicker, I never have my cell phone with me so it was pretty much a shocker to here it ring. Katie says; "hey Mom, did you forget something?" DING, oh my gosh, Lisa's coming over. I rush home, run through the door and then I notice, hey whose the dog? "Oh my gosh....HECTOR, you've come over to play!"
You should have seen the look on Rocky's face! It was like; "LOOK MOM, MY FRIENDS CAME OVER TO PLAY!!!!!" You see, we have the Ping and the Pong so most of the time we go to others to play, but today...they came over here!
Hector and Jack were quite fascinated by the girls but every once in a while it was pretty clear that the friends were over. They left their marks to let everyone know, Jack and Hector were here, but who said only humans could develop relationships.
If you say to Rocky, "hey, do you want to go to Jack and Hectors?" he doesn't shut up til you open the door and get in the car. When I go visit Lisa, she'll open the door and Jack and Hector look past me to see if Rocky has come. I also think it might be a bit Pavlovian.
Friendships come in all different ways, even for our precious puppies.
No comments:
Post a Comment