It took me a few days to find the zen to be able to blog about shared custody. Let me state at the beginning that I believe with all my heart that children are the losers when it comes to divorce. If you think your own trial is hard just stop and think about the kids.
My boy D left for his Dad's on Tuesday. In his father's infinite wisdom he moved 3000 kms away. No comment.
For 4-6 weeks each summer D travels there and visits.
I start missing him about one month before he leaves and I have to psych myself out about his leaving. I am in torment. We have been inseparable since his birth and more than anything we just love hanging out. He's one of those kids that you know God sent to you last just because he knew you needed to end your child raising years with someone like him.
I drove him to the airport, stoic as always, not letting him know I was falling apart inside. Smiling and giggling, joking about + 35 C days in humid weather. And then nothing....... he just reached over and then did our little signal/sign that tells each other "I love YOU". It was then I knew, he' be okay and that he would miss me just as much as I would miss him.
He called last night. Less that 24 hours in....bored and missing his "happy but not quite spiritual enough home". His big sister did the big sister thing and talked him through it.
Does a big sister ever stop being that even when your 16 and shes 25? Not that I can see.
When stuff like this happens there is never any doubt that we were a family before we even came here. When one of my kids tag teams the other and the caring is so natural; Or hey, even in the matter of disagreements and they get solved, I always watch and get the strongest testimony that they were indeed meant to be siblings and I was for sure meant to be their Mom and we were absolutely meant to be a family even in the troubled times we are living through.
I miss you BOO. Stay strong and remember the fun is 3.3 away.
No comments:
Post a Comment