Saturday, July 5, 2008

Riding




There is a way to find Zen as easily as heading out my front door and riding to Fish Creek Park.


One thing that our Alberta governments did do is have absolute requirements for recreational space in all urban areas. Calgary has a few but one of the best is Fish Creek Park.


I have been accessing this urban oasis since I was a wee Brownie doing a day camp finding a zillion arrow heads. Now the park is intertwined with pathways and picnic tables and makes for a great outing.


I love riding bikes. This morning I woke early and found myself in need of a true zen experience. What better way to access that transcendental state then to take the new mountain bike and ride 18 Ks to oblivious splendor. There were very few people on the paths that early and I was able to stop along the way and click some pics for my Boo who rides in here all the time.


The river was beautiful and the wildlife plenty. Even as I passed the water drainage for the sewer treatment facility it wasn`t even rank. There was a bit of a morning haze somewhat and it enhanced the beauty even more. What can I say. I love this city!


When I was done and inching my way up the Parkland escarpment the endorphin rush hit....I love that feeling and zen was realised. My only regret. That asthma precludes me from being a runner and enjoying this urban oasis while running. I will be working on that.


No comments: