So you know those emails that come from friends that make you smile... or go ahhhhh, or even cry. I got one today full of quotes that have profound significance to all that read. I decided that I would use them as titles and muse about my thoughts with regards to them. Great idea hey, either that or I thought I was heading negative and needed a positive direction.
When I read this one it reminded me of something that happened to me that was another GREAT LIFE LESSON!
I had an incredibly hard day last winter at work. I was in the middle of Third Party reserves evaluations and I was just starting to get really sick before my surgery. I had started work at 6 am and it was almost 6:30 pm and I knew I had a long night ahead of me when I got home. You could say I was a bit grumpy.
As I headed out to my car I had to pass through a number of large heavy doors and it was cold. I was already grumpy and I had a more than anxious guy following right behind me. I had opened the first few doors for him without even a thank-you on his behalf, which pissed me off a bit, and then he nearly shoved me over and walked past me. As he passed through the next door he didn't even hold it open for me and it nearly knocked me over. I was MAD. I thanked him in the only way I knew and promptly let that heavy door slam right behind me. What I hadn't noticed was the person that was behind him, who was now behind me. I had literally done the same thing to her.
I was so busy being mad and frustrated about what was ahead of me that I was literally leaving what was behind me without noticing. There you go. A Life Lesson.
I have made a huge effort since to be very mindful of what is both in front and behind me.
I thought of something the other day.
My past has made me who I am; it has defined me to this point. What I do in the present will make me who I will become.
I want to be so much better!
I am working on that.
No comments:
Post a Comment