The act of forgiveness is one of the most divine principals of the gospel. It holds within its actions the ability to free your soul and bring you to a Zen experience unequal to almost anything I know. It is however one of the most difficult actions any human being can endeavor.
To forgive frees the person doing it to live a more purposeful life. Your thoughts and action become more consistent and you become whole.
The actions of others that cause great harm and can even overwhelm you, they can emotionally cripple you but the choice remains with you for this burden to last or to end.
I find forgiveness easier than not. To ask for it is humiliating but truly the only way to step forward after sin. To give it brings a deeper sense of spirituality and contentment. The feeling is indescribable but awesome.
In the span of a divorce you must seek forgiveness and you must grant it. How your ex accepts or rejects it is another matter. These actions will close the final chapters of your life as a couple and it will free you to love again. Without participating in these acts you chance bringing the baggage of your past life in to your next and give it a greater prospect of failure.
You may need to grant forgiveness without it ever being asked for. This task is the most difficult of all. This final hurdle feels like the Grand Canyon of chasms. It’s where I lie now. I need to move on. It will only happen if I let go of the pain and forgive. Notice I am not required to completely forget.
If I were to do that I would chance a repeat in my life. The most important thing here is to really learn from my mistakes. To look at them, address them and find solutions to not repeat them.
So I say again, what am I on about? Moving on. Finally healing the last of my broken soul and finding happiness in the most Zen of ways. Learning to love myself again.
I will find this. I will strive and grow and be all that I can be so as to be someone to whom my children, my family, and my friends can say….. WOW, that’s one YoMomma.
No comments:
Post a Comment