My Father in Heaven has blessed me to have a contingent of Irish Friends. It all began when I was called to serve with M in the Relief Society. I am not sure how to explain this but the Irish have a way of getting to the heart of the matter and helping you along the way.
You will never need to second guess with them. They tell it like it is and you love them for it. They will catch you when you fall but they will also kick your ARSE for falling in the first place. They will tell you that when you find yourself in a hole....QUIT DIGGING!
They are the first line of defense at caring when troubled times come and they are the greatest of teachers! They will share their wisdom and not expect you to follow it. There are the last to ever judge you. If you have sense, following their wisdom might save you.
They party like no others and make fun of themselves because they can. They sing like angels and love their family to Bits. And when the Shiet piles up they are the first to dig it out and get rid of it through laughter and prayer.
Their spiritual where-with-all is self directed. They have some of the strongest testimonies I know. They are stalwart and positive and have no expectations of others just themselves when it comes to how you or I live the gospel.
When you have Irish friends you are blessed. I thank my Father in Heaven everyday for my Irish friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment