Thursday, August 7, 2008

Growing

There are so many times when nature has a way of saying what you most feel. While I was on vacation I came across this site. The whole edge of the bay was covered in these massive cliffs. There were small juts throughout and on these very small pieces of earth beautiful trees were growing. I tried to capture it in this photo but I am not sure I did it justice.
So ask.... What's your point Sandi?
This terrain is brutal. You really can't expect something beautiful to survive and flourish here, but they do.
Beauty can be and exist anywhere. It's about taking advantage of what's given you and making the most out of it.
Life can be tragic, complicated and damn it; even hard but finding the beauty in it makes every breath worth while. Let me state here very clearly, I LOVE MY LIFE. As tragic and hard and difficult it has been it has never been unsatisfactory or heaven forbid, not worth it.
I have so many wonderful parts of my life to be grateful for. My KIDS, my amazing parents, the rest of my incredible family. I have a profound love of the gospel and it brings me great peace. I am happy and healthy.
Here's where I just give THANKS.

No comments: