I loved this quote! One of the greatest thoughts that carry me now is redefining myself in a world with less criticism and judgement. For the longest time I became what I was told I was. Then, a wise and gentle Bishop reminded me of my divinity to my Father In Heaven.
Wow, the grandest light went off. Not in any kind of self righteous way but in a way that said; "hey, you are a princess and should thus be treated as such!"
What is the difference between self-worth and self-esteem. Self Esteem is deceiving. You lifting yourself above others and blowing smoke up every ones arses to make yourself better in their eyes.
Self worth is that confidence that carries you into a room and lets people know they're okay and you're okay and we're all good. No judgement, no fault finding, no pushing to make yourself seem elevated to all in the room. It's just a quiet confidence that makes anyone who processes it beautiful.
I have heard from quite a few men that confidence makes every woman beautiful.
That is what I am working on. It isn't all about what you can do either. It is what you are. I know who I am finally. I really am a daughter of my Heavenly Father. Gosh, I love being me and being me around others. I have nothing to be ashamed off or worried for. My entire life has been a dedication to this gospel and I Love IT. How I live it should draw people to it and to me. I can't shove it down peoples throats. Not even my girls.
So what am I on about. Finally being truly happy...even with the blips. This happiness I feel is to my core. I know that now, after breaking free and finally breathing again that I can become what I was truly meant to be. What this is will be determined by my actions this very day and the the next day and the day after that. Because I changed and because I found myself again I will be a better Mom, friend, sister, daughter and maybe if the Lord sees fit, a wife again.
Each day is a new adventure for me. I have bumps, blips, full on throw downs still but I am forever better for every experience I have had thus far in my life. I am finally looking forward to leaving the legacy of my life to my children and grandchildren that will be one of true excitement and wonder. My future generations will hopefully look at my life and say."that was one Yomomma."
No comments:
Post a Comment