Tuesday, July 15, 2008

If it changes your life, let it.

Have you ever seen that poster with a picture of the Savior and the bottom caption reads…” I never said life would be easy, I said it would be worth it.”
There have been so many times when I have thought of that poster and just cringed! Don’t get me wrong, I love the Savior and all that he has done for me but I have sometimes grown weary of the challenges that have been mine these last few years. Sunday was a huge turning point for me.
I received a letter in the mail that was supposed to be an apology. There is no question to the motivation to the letter. It was required in order for this person to get what he wants. It has little substance and really amounts to just enough said to accomplish the task.
That being said, how did I feel when I read it? Confused!
My first question is; “Is this really all it is going to take for him to get what he wants?”
After so many harmful words and actions, after surviving each day picking up the pieces of the mess that he made and comforting and consoling those that were so painfully harmed, a two paragraph letter will suffice?
And if so; then what?
For the longest time all I have ever wanted is an acknowledgment of the harm and pain. This letter doesn’t reflect that. It is forced and reticent and clearly indicates the author only pens the words out of obligation.
How does one respond?
I let go and I let GOD.
If the world were fair and all things equal none of what has been my life would have been my necessary journey. But this world is not fair and equal only comes at the end of a mathematical sum. What I want and what I will get will never be the same unless it is my destiny to fulfill.
I accept the letter as truly the only way an apology will ever be afforded to me or my kids in this life.
As I struggle each day as a single MOM and the sole proprietor of my children’s well being I will hold my head high and survive. I will have the respect of my kids and my family and they will know that my sanity was hard fought for and is intact!
God is my guide and he will influence my choices that will take into account my entire family and I will be remembered as a JOY. I choose to live to that legacy and pass it on to my 3 girls and son. There is no greater sacrifice, except that of the Savior's, than being a parent. Someday my children will understand.
Life changed me…. for the better. I love who I am and look forward to continued growth in strength and endurance.
My life to this point as been worth it!

No comments: