Wednesday, September 10, 2008

If we don't change, we don't grow. If we don't grow, we are not really living.”

Gail Sheehy – American Author
When I analyze the life I am living, I so often wonder if the direction is correct. Did I make correct choices? Am I living to the fullest potential? Do I in fact grow?


So looking at it closely I realized a few things. I have always felt that any difficulty faced has a lesson to be learned. Learning the lesson (good or bad) gives a person wisdom and integrity both positive and negative to allow growth. How you choose to grow lies within the lessons you learn. How integral you become lies within the message that trial brings to you.


I have also learned that others will judge you. Its reflexive in the Mormon culture which is ironic when you think that one of the Saviours’ most important messages is to never judge others. You know what I mean....”let him without sin cast the first stone”. I have come to accept this as part of the living I do. I even catch myself judging sometimes and have to scale back my thoughts because I know they have no place for that.


So again, what am I on about.


Living requires growth and as I remember the times when my kids physically grew the most they had a fair amount of physical pain. Spiritual an emotional growth require a path through pain as well. Suffering both physically (through fasting) and emotionally challenges are hearts and souls.


A plateau of live is the breather our Father in Heaven offers us and we continue in our sojourn here on earth. Can you believe that we shouted for joy at the thought of coming here? I can.

I love this life, even with the hurts. I love growing. But I will say that I have done almost nearly enough in the last few years that I am thinking it’s time for one heck of a plateau. I am thinking flat like Saskatchewan. For those not from our fair country were talking Nebraska, I’ve been there too.


So here is to the mountains of growth and to the plains of rest so that we can become everything the Big Guy expects us to become.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I love reading your blog auntie. You're such a rock. I miss you tons! Love , E