I am not a fan of busy days. Work, at this time of year, gets overwhelming and when I get home all I want to do is just phase down and relax. Most often I can do this, especially when my house is quiet and not a lot of demands are made, ie. Church meetings or driving D somewhere ect.Yesterday, I turned on the boob tube and was inundated with political reporting of the most bizarre kind. Here was a self described, serious news channel devoting much of it’s time to the MySpace page of a kid who knocked up the Republican Vice Presidential Nominees daughter and how “kids are just something he doesn’t want!” PLEASEEEEEEE!!!!!!
Do we not have more important things to consider with Ms. Palin than the tragic and no doubt difficult circumstances her family faces and should for ALL INTENTS AND PURPOSES face privately? GIVE ME A BREAK CNN, this girl is seventeen and pregnant, don’t you think she’s going through enough without your gossip girl reporting, to the world I might add, of her unpleasant situation.
And do you really think that I am stupid or ridiculous enough to want that to be the most important news of the day? Can you give me a break here? Is this what Americans want? Report the news and let this family deal with a significantly difficult situation with dignity and honor. AND BY THE WAY, if Ms. Palin were a man, would this family crisis have made the news? I seriously doubt it?
Now the kicker; the Kaunas moment that ticked me off the most.
The news report than went on to question whether Ms. P even had the Down syndrome baby that this young girl was holding in her arms at the convention. They were suggesting that it was a cover up. PLEASEEEEEEEE!
They followed the goings on of this candidate as she had the unfortunate circumstance of her water breaking in Texas and then getting on a plane and traveling to Alaska to have the baby and bypassing a number of hospitals to have it delivered in her hometown. They were insinuating that she, in fact, wasn’t even pregnant and that it was her daughter who was and she had to travel like that to just meet up with her.
PLEASEEEEEEEE!
She knew the baby had complications and went to be with the doctor who had probably been with her through the pregnancy. As a woman I understand this. A doctor in a situation like this is vital to the emotional process of the birth. If I was comfortable with my Doctor knowing I was about to go in to a high risk birth, I would travel to the ends of the earth to be with that doctor.
Well, I was exhausted… and mad. Is this what politics have become?
The saving grace, a short news brief on a different channel, I might add, with Barack Obama pleading with the cameras to let this election be about the politics and leave this girl alone. Yeah!!!!!
Now don’t get me wrong, I’m not letting him out of the woods. These politic monster machines have become the abscessed entities that they are and it will take strong leaders to stop the spit spinning and change the direction of years of back biting and down right nastiness. The republicans will have to rise above this and not retaliate. Can it be done? Lets hope so!
Just as an aside. CNN, please go back to reporting the real news. Here’s some things that should have garnered your more appropriate attention.

* Pakistan’s PM escapes assassination bid
* N. Korea said to be rebuilding nuke plant
* 2nd Russian journalist in 3 days killed
These are legitimate news stories that may well affect the future that involves all of us. And because Ms. Palin is going through what she is going through and still able to be one of the best Governors the state of Alaska has had maybe just maybe this world can take notice and let her run on her merits of work done in Alaska not the shenanigans of her 17 year old daughter, PS…. Don’t throw stones in glass houses BABY!
No comments:
Post a Comment