
There are a few things in life that can take a normal soul and make them great. I am one who always loves watching someone who most people would look past and watch as greatest comes upon them and they become amazing souls. Greatest is extraordinary.
Take for example, my MOM. She was great! She reached that in the eyes of all those that loved her. Her greatest came in her interactions with others who were lucky enough to be loved by her. You knew she loved you and that you were cherished, it made you feel whole.
How about President Monson. There's a guy who has the pulse of our Church in his hand. He looks at the people and sees the people, not the numbers or the whole. He is making changes that are recognizing that as individuals we are in need. Great leaders can see things that others can't and make changes so those needs are met. Totally Awesome.
Great authors write great books that move and change you, take for example; Shel Silverstiens "The Giving Tree". My gosh, such a Green and unassuming book that has made it into so many family libraries as a staple. Go figure.
So guess what. Sometimes greatness just falls upon you. Like when one of your most favorite and admired nieces gives birth and you become a GREAT aunt. I push the limits by assuming that I was already in the category of great aunts of the world but now, it is official. I am a GREAT aunt. Thank-you E and B! And by the way, I can't think of two more incredible people for that amazing bundle of E to come to. You guys are going to make great parents and I look forward to getting to know that budding baby boy of yours!
1 comment:
You've always been a GREAT auntie! We can't wait for you to meet him either! See you in a few weeks!
Post a Comment