Monday, September 22, 2008

Beauty in the Moment


There is a place on this earth that will forever be a memory that brings beauty to it's fullest. It's tucked away and so easily looked over that if you didn't know it was there you would never have tread its path.

I have only been back a few times. I have the hardest time there. I feel so close to God there and what I remember is all that he means to me when I walk this path. You can be surrounded by thousands of people and not even feel or see any of them near.
I found this picture on the WWW. It caught it as it is. Serene and quiet and winding.

Memories like this, places where when you think of them, you smell them, feel them and live it all over again.

It's like Alberta in the fall. The smell of wet leaves and crisp impending snow. The rustle of the leaves as the curtain of winter draws the moisture out of them and they skeeter across the road.

The first chairlift ride up on a snow covered, minus 20C day ski hill and the powdered snow, still untouched, and waiting for the first brave soul to ride it's cushion down God's great slope.

Or a wet spring day or hey, even the heat of a summer night. All of this lives inside you, moves you when you think of it.

Memories are God's way of keeping you going when you just don't understand.

This path reminds me of the possibilities my life has. I am sure right now the leaves are changing color and the perennials are giving up there last moisture and retreating to a winters sleep. Renewal is forever the science of God's love.

It allows you forward with dreams and hope.

It is what becomes you.

It is you.

No comments: