Sunday, September 21, 2008

Circumstance

I wonder all the time why life is never fair or it seems that way. Why do some people seem to have it so easy and others struggle for every bit of a good life?

Today, a good friend, broke down and confessed the tragedy of her life's circumstances. I had no idea it was as desperate as it was. She is so strong and when you look at her you would never guess the turmoil. What's more is that I am not sure why her trails are so enormous. Why would God allow it?
She has been ever faithful and strong and she loves her husband and family. She has a son serving a mission. Why is this happening?

Will I ever understand this? I doubt it. I know that, for me, I have long since stopped trying to understand and focus more on the surviving with grace and dignity. The one common thread with those forged souls who pass through these trials is that they are so strong and faithful. Their example is what buoys me and gives me balance.

The times ahead with definitely shake the faithful. Where do you stand?

I know that for me right now being at church is a necessity. I am not there for the social club. I am there for myself and for the strength I gain from renewing my covenants.

No comments: