Wednesday, September 17, 2008

“The turning point in the process of growing up is when you discover the core of strength within you that survives all hurt. Max Lerner

Time has been a brutal foe for me. So much has flowed under the bridge of my life that was wasted and uncontrolled. I have found that as my whole approach to life has altered and changed in its perspective I know that I am no longer young and lost.

When I vision my days, my weeks, years and the rest of my life there is so much possibility. It may not define itself in all the ways that I want but it is full of JOY and excitement, contentment and peace.

What can one person ask for?

A humble and sincere church leader in grief told me that with all his heart he wished I could have the 25 lost years back. I was touched when he said it but I have thought since.... without it, I would not be me.
If you are out there, holding on to pain and grief, please hear me when I say... “Let it Go”. It’s catching a tiger by the tail if you don’t.

I let go of all now and have such a sense of Zen in my soul I wish I could bottle it, share it and give it to the struggling and heartbroken women and children, hey even the men, who are transitioning into single hood in our faith.

The heartache can cure you but you must feel it, face it, and move on. Never.....Never....Never forget though. Remembering will keep you safe to never repeat it.

What is the most amazing result of this journey if transversed entirely. A complete and utter acceptance of all. Not a whole lot gets to you and when it does you have the skills to make it through. Stephen Covey calls that a Win-Win. I call it moving forward in faith.

No comments: