An Old Comboy Wisdom
I have a friend at work who I adore. She comes from one of the stalwart and strong Chuckwagon Families and is a cowgirl to her very bones! She is the funniest and best. Her sayings and wisdom are incredible and more than anything else she is honest... always and what you get is what you get! I love that.
So here we go again, what are you on about!
Yesterday and today my kids have been challenged with the very subject of the title! What defines someone. The way they preach.... or the way they live!
I have four broken hearts not because they don't want what is happening to happen but because they have been dismissed and abandoned while the whole time they are being preached at and they are confused. They were asked to divide and what those that asked do not get is that we are very much a family. Those four kids stand together, united and strong and hell would have to freeze over, if anyone expected them to seperate, unless one of them volunteered to step aside. I can't even break their ranks, I would never want to though, because I will not always be here and they need each other.
I can't undo the preaching when it doesn't coincide with the living but I can be the best example of when it does jive.
I try so hard to be that. Please understand that. So if you don't get me, don't worry. I am just being true.
The gospel I know and love is not judgemental, not exclusive and not spiteful and even though this culture tends to it that doesn't mean I have to be a part of it. At some time, all of us who have struggled and suffered with not fitting in or measuring up will have a strong enough voice to make a difference so that the pain and the bleeding will stop.
If your LDS and active, look around you on Sunday and ask, is anyone missing? My guess is you know someone, probably more that just someone, who has grown weary of the bruising and just walked away to stop the hurting. Church should never hurt.
First, resolve to be different, to try to be understanding. Do you know how many people have no idea what my family went through and just judge us? More then you would care to know.
Someone asked me the other day, "Why do you still go"?
Here is my answer!
I have a testimony of this Gospel. I also know that the Lord's law requires opposition in all things. My children need to see that their Dad and the way he lives the Gospel is not the ONLY way it can be lived. That I can be active and happy and at peace and still accept and love them for who they are. That there will always be a place for them on my bench SHOULD they choose to return and if not, my testimony of the plan of salvation guides me to peace.
The gospel is true, always. Just let God do the judging and let everyone else live in peace.
Enough Said!
No comments:
Post a Comment