http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtQjMSfBs90
So, I'm not sure where to start or how to explain this but I will. Since I was a very little girl my Father has always encouraged me to seek truth, we've been here before, I've blogged about him. He taught me about the world and always, and I mean always, wanted and needed me to understand world events and reasons for turmoil and war were essential to being human in a world that we live in.
He was never anti war but he was for peace and safety and justice and taught me that sometimes these things come at a price. My family has a long history of service in wars and I understood early on that war, in itself, has a place.
That place comes when injustice and intolerance over ride wisdom, peace and safety for a people. I am not going to involve myself in an argument of right or wrong here but I want to know... why?
As I watch the TV and see the escalating tensions in India, Afghanistan, Africa, Iraq, Iran, Somalia, hell.... just about everywhere around the entire world and see that in these clips you barely see women and children unless it is some gory cheap shot at tantalizing an audience; Why, please someone tell me why?
Why in the middle east do they have to continue age old tensions about difference in cultures and peoples and make those tensions escalate to civil unrest and in the end, the suffering is had by the women and the children of their own country.
Why, when there is nothing left to fight over and they have exhausted their ammunition's and turf wars do these vile and evil men then attack the women and children of their own country by bombing their markets and city streets?
Why do these so called men call into battle young boys who then grow to inherit hate and continue a pointless and ridiculous battle over religion or a piece of dirt that produces no sustenance because it has been destroyed by greed and envy?
Why must the greed of twisted and prideful men destroy the hope and healing of their own nation.
As I watch TV and see the clips of men, shouting and hollering and jumping in destructive elation at the continuation of the destruction of their own people, is this really sanity.
War is cruel.
War is prideful.
War takes no solace in the heartfelt pleas of mothers and children to stop and end the brutality.
As I saw the pictures of the young Rabbi and his beautiful wife and the frightened nanny who was able to escape with their child and save his life I asked, why? Because a family believes differently, you kill them? Because they serve your very people and provide shelter and live a selfless life you kill because they believe in the Torah?
The father and daughter setting out on a trip of discovery to an Ash Ram to study the peaceful practise of meditation. You kill them because they hold an American passport? WHY! What did a thirteen year old girl and a loving Father have to do with your conflict?
So many others needlessly gunned down because why?
And the truth. 160 deaths and just under 30 were foreigners. The rest were your own people. You are killing your own people. Why?
Why were 4000 people killed in the world trade centers? Because they didn't believe like you?
I will never understand but what I know is this.
In the end, no matter the reason or justification for the battle, the suffering happens alone to the mothers and children of the world.
Selfish and greedy men inflict havoc and the destruction always falls on the innocents.
That is not bravery.
There is no Bravery in that.
I pray for peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment