Thursday, November 6, 2008

Be Who You Are!


Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

~Dr. Seuss

Here's a tip to understanding fragile people. They sometimes care way too much about what other people think.

Emotionally healthy people have a better perspective on life and their position in it. They find truth in what they know about themselves and seldom concern themselves about what other people think.

Go on S, what are you on about.

The freedom of being okay with who you are and not worrying about what other people think.

You need to be confident in the thoughts you have and not second guess them. I spent a lot of time being undermined and never allowed myself to get to a point when I could even trust my own thoughts and emotions. I own this. I allowed this to happen to me. I alone have made the changes that have brought me to where I am now. It's not an over inflated look at myself because the failure came in even getting to a point myself of being so lost.

So now, most of the time, I am able to exist and be okay with the direction I am in and the words I use and speak. That couldn't always be said.

I am surprised now at now normal my thoughts really are. I care and love and have peace and really truly get my kids and being comfortable with them and their knowing their thoughts are safe with me from any judgement or criticism is so incredibly healthy.

I will never measure up to some peoples expectations of me, but I am measuring up to my own... now. That's the difference in my life. Measuring up to myself matters more, it never used to. Oh sure, I have lots of growing and changing yet to do but for the most part. I'm okay.

And BTW, the Atonement had a big part of this. Both ends of it.

No comments: