.gif)
Please take this blog address with a grain of salt, truly.
Okay, I normally don't do this but I love this blog because it is just so freakin funny and ironic all in one breath. If it wasn't so close to the realty that is I think I would have dismissed it. My nephew hit me up on it. He is a quirky, cool guy with mucho brains and the sick "L" sense of humor that can get us in trouble often. I think he knew I would see the irony in it.
Her entry of note;
This entry made me take a deeper breath and think, did TAMN really just go there? I have a friend who I admire beyond words and she has faced infertility. (See comments after blog) Her journey in our kingdom has been filled with insults and hurtful comments and I have ached for her as she valiantly comes to church. The insensitivity to her condition has been appalling and I have to say, I didn't even understand until after some heartfelt conversations and beginning to grow in the compassion on my end.
TAMN nails our culture to a "T". What's scary sometimes is how I fell into that. I think we get so caught up in the living of the gospel as others see us do it that we forget the simple aspects like charity, compassion, joy.
So; you have another choice here. Be offended at the satire of the blog or find some truth in it and join me in the silent dedication to make a difference and change the culture, one voice at a time.
How do you do it?
Focus on the Savior and judge less and serve more. Try serving outside of our faith. There are women in my ward who have organized service projects outside our chapel walls and are making a huge difference in our community. Their service goes mostly unnoticed because it is unseen but these women are true disciples of Christ. I admire them so much.
I hope I can be like these great women some day.
Please laugh with TAMN and don't take it too much to heart. Just decide to be different.
No comments:
Post a Comment