Tuesday, October 28, 2008

We Will be Quiet!

“If we will be quiet and ready enough, we shall find compensation in every disappointment.”
~Henry David Thoreau
I have always believed that whether by the words of my prophet or by the words of the general authorities that they would be gospel and that we need to adhere to them.
I have come to the understanding that it may not always be the case. Those words are up to interpretation and even though the meaning may seam crystal clear, it IS ALWAYS up to judgement and in that, women like me can find disappointment.
The words:
"If you are divorced, do you provide for the real financial need of the children you have fathered, not just the minimum legal requirement?"
and
"As a bishop, when you counsel with a husband and wife who are in marital difficulty, do you give the same credence to the statements of the woman that you do to the man? As I travel throughout the world, I find that some women are shortchanged in that a priesthood leader is more persuaded by a son rather than a daughter of Father in Heaven. That imbalance simply must never occur."
Richard G. Scott.
I have come to an understanding that anything can be manipulated. My family's voice was only heard where the leaders knew both of us. Those that didn't, did not seek to know the truth. I am picking up the pieces of broken hearts and spirits yet again. I hope that my daughters can come to an understanding of the fatalities of man, even our church leaders.
The kind and wise words of my Bishop - "our existence on this planet is one of surviving the trials and experiences which Heavenly Father obviously knows we need, sometimes it is only by faith that we overcome them, hopefully you and your children can rely on Heavenly Father's wisdom at this difficult time." bring some comfort.
Believe it or not. I understand him. He has tried and done all that he could to help, but in the end it really did become a he said/ she said argument.
My words to those leaders who may not hear voices like my children and mine.
"When another woman and or family come to you and speak about emotional abuse; please hear them. These circumstances and events are real. This is a quiet, insidious and evil practise and causes so much devastation and heartache it destroys people and lives. I have been told that my children and I suffered one of the most severe and cruel cases ever seen by our therapists that have helped us.
I cannot change your decision nor do I want to. All I can do is just ask that if this circumstance comes again that you look deeper and question harder and try to find the full truth. Listen to the other side especially since it comes from sisters like me."

No comments: