"The Atonement of Jesus Christ and the healing it offers do much more than provide the opportunity for repentance from sins. The Atonement also gives us the strength to endure 'pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind,' because our Savior also took upon Him 'the pains and the sicknesses of his people' (Alma 7:11). Brothers and sisters, if your faith and prayers and the power of the priesthood do not heal you from an affliction, the power of the Atonement will surely give you the strength to bear the burden."
~ Dallin H. Oaks
"He Heals the Heavy Laden," Ensign, Nov. 2006, 9

I have had a rough day! The mountains called for the peace they can provide me and I heeded their whisper. I knew exactly where I was going to go and set out first thing. Yes, I did indeed miss church. I could not be there as what I was working out needed my attention. I guess I knew that the Lord would let me call a "Mulligan" on this because I truly did spend the day with him.
I am bearing a burden that is most evidently too much to bear. It goes against the words of the Prophet and his General Authorities but none the less it is mine to carry. I am so scared, frightened really and angry that it is even expected of me. I needed reassurance from the Big Guy that I could do it and that I could fine some peace to forgive M from ever passing this to me.
I struggle always with the separation of M and his behavior and the behavior of a righteous priesthood. It affects my decision making and my trust. I wondering if my activity in the church can survive this jolt, I still can't answer that. The church is a place of great pain and yet I have a kind and loving Bishop who is trying to understand. How can you ever understand this journey my children and I are on? It is so not understandable.
I feel the happiness in my soul hiding while I work through this with my kids. I am the ever present MOTHER BEAR who wants to keep my kidlets safe. How do you protect them from this? How do ever make this make sense to your own kids? It doesn't even make sense to me.
Please know WWW that there isn't a hole to deep for me to get out of. Some are just so deep time is required. With the help of my Savior I can be the cushion my children need to fall on and the rock that they need for a foundation.
Say a prayer for us, we need it. And if you have a chance, let my kids know they are loved.
1 comment:
Remember your loved Sandi! Your amazing and a true example of strenghth and courage! Keep fighting. Love you. Jolynne
Post a Comment