Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Greatest Moments

"One of the greatest moments in anybodies developing experience is when he no longer tries to hide from himself but determines to get acquainted with himself as he really is."

Norman Vincent Peale

Well, it New Year's Eve and I can bet that many of us are reflecting on this past year. What did we accomplish? What burdens did we carry? Who did we lose and who did we gain?

When I think of all this my heart smiles and I proudly state, 2008 was a great year!

So what of 2009? What does it have in store for me?

It will be peaceful and happy. It will involve adventure and gaining new friendships and nourishing those I already have. It will be about growth and compromise. It will be wonderful. It will be.

2008 gave me who I am.

I look forward to uncovering more of who I am and I have hopes for this year. I have a hope that my soul may come to rest from all the questions and that the answers may not matter. That everyone everywhere will survive the hard economic times and know that through turmoil we gain strenght. That those with beautiful voices will share thier songs and that love will find it's way into the lonelist of hearts. That my heart my open to the possibility and that my childrens hearts won't explode from the possibilites that are in their lives already!

I hope for contentment. For the knowlege that it doesn't ever matter what others think and that working at this isn't the chore it is now but just becomes an instinct. With that being said, I hope I always instinctually know the hearts of my family and friends and that I can be there for them when needed like they have been there for me this past year. I hope for the completion of the process and that the scars become unnoticable and don't impede people from knowing who I really am.

To a New Year I say welcome. Come and stay awhile. We're glad you are finally here.

And to the old year..... Thank-you. Without you I would never have grown to the woman I am now.

No comments: