Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas Essential.



"It is essential to know that to be a happy person, a happy family, a happy society, it is very crucial to have a good heart, that is very crucial. World peace must develop from inner peace. Peace is not just the absence of violence but the manifestation of human compassion."


Dalai Lama


A happy heart....., can you help me understand what that might be? I was thinking the other day what makes someone happy? Is it who they are with? Is it what they believe? Is it what they have?


You see, in my life I have had many things both temporal and spiritual but the happiness I feel now comes from deep within. Very rarely do we have contention or anger in our lives. There is no harsh or ill feelings and we do love each other more now than we ever have.


It's a blessing of contentment to know that by definition we are who we are and we are okay with that. It's waking and sleeping knowing that alone is not lonely but a time to get to know who you are and what you can be for others. It is the lesson I am giving to my kids as they watch me be single.


Happiness is very much an unselfish act that gives to those around you. By being happy you can bring peace to those who you interact with and open a forum of understanding that gives homage to a restless soul. It can bring your own restless soul to peace.


There are times when I question; Would I be happier by definition if I were coupled? I think, in time, when the Big Guy sees fit, he will bring someone into my life, but for now, the family's happiness is dependant on my availability to them. Once they are all adults and my heart is completely healed, I can share my soul again with another in trust.


I look so forward to peace and harmony as the standard for defining me and my children. WE ARE SO GETTING THERE.
Can you even imagine the excitement we are all feeling as we get closer to being together in harmony and acceptance through this Christmas season . There will be no judgement this year, none at all!

Wow, I find such surprise in how far we have come and yet still remain a bit scared at how far we still have to go. All in all though, Yomomma and her family is generally at Zen most of the time!
Throughout all the years of knowing my precious babies I have seen in them some of the most compassionate and giving acts of kindness.They have pure and honest hearts. Yes, they are not perfect but what they are is kind and loving having grown up in an environment where that might not have been the norm.
Changing what is expected of you and becoming different that what others perceive will be your definition is the breaking of the cycle. I am so grateful for the breaking of this one cycle.

Peace for the season. May we all come to it in our own ways!
K, K, K & D, 11 more days to a complete family. Yeahhhhhhh!


No comments: