“There are times to cultivate and create, when you nurture your world and give birth to new ideas and ventures. There are times of flourishing and abundance, when life feels in full bloom, energized and expanding. And there are times of fruition, when things come to an end. They have reached their climax and must be harvested before they begin to fade. And finally of course, there are times that are cold, and cutting and empty, times when the spring of new beginnings seems like a distant dream. Those rhythms in life are natural events. They weave into one another as day follows night, bringing, not messages of hope and fear, but messages of how things are.”
Chogyam Trungpa
I love new days and new beginnings.
Welcome to 2009.
Just this minute my disabled young neighbour came and delivered the new ads. This young man is wonderful and when he visits his first priority is always Rocky. Today, he asked the profound question; “Why did Rocky need a haircut?” My beautiful daughter, K2, answered that Rocky had tangles and it was required. “Oh”; he said. That was sufficient. He cheerily pronounced on us a “Happy New Year!” and went on to his next delivery. Every time I talk with this young man it brings a smile to my heart. His simple ways make the world a better place.
For most people in the world this is just another day. Some work, most play, others watch football games. Whatever the activity it is usually routine and becomes part of a family’s life patterns. We are gathering again today as well. We are down one and missing K3 so much. We are meeting new potential family and I am excited to meet the parents of the young man who makes my K2 so happy. They raised an incredible son.
This new life we have is now routine. It begins and ends like the rhythmic breathing of a body, instinctual and core. As I walked into the kitchen the girls were having a conversation and in remembering my resolution they stopped, laughed that reminded me I wasn’t able to join in, and then changed the subject.
So far, day 1 of this resolution is going great. It is healing the wounds and opening my heart.
So here I sit at my computer, glad that my words can memorialize our family’s journey to wholeness.
Someday, I hope, my children and grandchildren will remember that anything is possible and everything can be overcome by the mere virtue of unconditional love!
No comments:
Post a Comment