Sunday, December 28, 2008

Thinking About the New Year

"I come to you tonight with a plea that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life we try to 'accentuate the positive.' I am asking that we look a little deeper for the good, that we still our voices of insult and sarcasm, that we more generously compliment virtue and effort. Now I am not asking that all criticism be silenced. Growth comes of correction. Strength comes of repentance. Wise is the man or woman who can acknowledge mistakes pointed out by others and change his or her course."What I am suggesting is that you turn from the negativism that so permeates our modern society and look for the remarkable good among those with whom you associate, that we speak of one another's virtues more than we speak of one another's faults, that optimism replace pessimism, that our faith exceed our fears."
Gordon B Hinckley

As I reflect on this past year and think about the one to come my thoughts are on those things that I can do that would improve my life. I have been through a lot and knowing that I want things to change. I want to purge the past and really hold on to the positive of my new life.

So here's to that and a resolution.

Purge the past and move forward in faith.

No comments: