Saturday, December 20, 2008

"Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmas-time."

~Laura Ingalls Wilder

I cannot even express the excitement that I feel as my family begins the gathering for Christmas. My heart is swelling with Joy! I just finished decorating the tree and in a few hours I'll be heading out to get the fixing's for a day of baking with the women of my family. It is every cliche personified and yet, I don't care!

I haven't been able to pull out the creche and nativity my mother so lovingly made for me. I need to work up to it. I know I'll feel her presence when I do and I am so excited for her to check in and see just how far we have come since she has been gone. I promised her that not only would I survive but that I would heal and grow to be everything she was. It will take years but am I ever adoring the journey. I think she would be proud of me and the children. We are so a family of love and caring and knowing the strength of just having each others back.

My first BBG gets home in less that 24 hours. She has given me her first gift. She wants to come to church with me. She knows how much it will mean and though she may face the words and cruelty that was there for her she is unselfish in her gift to me. The church just isn't for her but she knows how much it means to me. This is how I know my children's hearts are pure and loved. How can you ever not know she is one of Heavenly Fathers chosen children.

My family is so important to me. I understand my HF's plan for me. I know that my most divine role is in parenting and that in my case, my children are in God's ever so wonderful graces. We will have peace. We will have love. We will be filled with Joy! How can you not look to this great season as a child and then carry it throughout the whole year.

To all of my friends and family; Merry Christmas and Happy New Year and more than anything else, Thank-you for your support and love to all of us throughout this year. I am so much better for having all of you in my life.

Thank-you.

No comments: