Saturday, August 30, 2008

It is easier to perceive error than to find truth...

It is easier to perceive error than to find truth, for the former lies on the surface and is easily seen, while the latter lies in the depth, where few are willing to search for it. ~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe


So you can take this any way you want but as I read this quote it helps me understand the WWW and whats required to really know what it is you are searching for. Really, just google in your own name and see of you find anything about yourself? Even add your city and see just how accurate it is. Get my point. The WWW is great for looking things up but how much of what you get is truth and how much is a perceived truth.


Do you know what Internet apostasy is? It's real and out there and affecting so many people. I have read so much about our church and questioned so much. Answers are harder and harder to get but really in the end, it's about prayer. And reality is, sometimes people don't get the same answers. So then what?


As my wise Dr. W taught to me. I have to know that for me this works. So here's my declaration.
For me, this gospel works. As I try to live it, I make mistakes but mostly I am better for being Mormon. I choose this, as difficult as it is, because I do have a testimony.


I may not fit the perfect Mormon mold but my mold is unique and valuable. I bring to this church reality. It can be difficult and getting through it is the journey....Zen and all!

No comments: