I have been thinking lately that I might need to cave again. It's kind of like circling the wagons and regrouping. My whole truths and loves have been challenged and finding my truth again is easier when I seek for myself.
There is this amazing article in the Ensign this month about abuse survivors. See, it's still hard to write that, or for that matter,even say it. But the truth is that as I read the article tears started flowing from my eyes as someone had touched a part of my soul that just isn't meant to be touched.
You see, when you come from this there are times when you feel totally crazy and wonder if anyone will take you seriously or think that sanity is ever going to be part of your soul again. I love who I am becoming but I still hurt and so do my kids. Sometimes people don't get it and more than that, I am tired of being a burden.
There will come a time when I won't hurt anymore. I am past the angry stage but now I am on a journey to rediscover who I was meant to be.
I think I need to be alone, for a bit. I think I need to find my testimony again.
No comments:
Post a Comment