“Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.” ~ John Muir
My mountains are calling as they have so many times in the past. When I get there I feel safe and warm and home. I can’t tell you how much these great edifices of granite are my song, my very soul. Within them is God’s greatest handiwork; the shear amount of force necessary to make them magnificent speaks volumes to life’s trials and how they bring beauty to your own soul. I am home when my soul sings for rest in the Rockies. I begin feeling close and feeling safe. My W is taking me to rest, to be home.
For the life of me, I can’t tell you why I feel so attached to these great mountains. Maybe it was all the times when I was so young and Dad would take us skiing or travelling through to Comox or simply it was just looking west for most of my life and they were always there, solid and true. Anyway you feel it; it just is the places I go to think things through and to make things somehow make sense. The Rockies are my Liahona.
I spent most of last night in tears, lost and feeling like my world is begging to be turned upright. W with great patience is understanding and loving and caring, something so new to me from a husband and yet so cherished. He packed our food and bag and he knew, it is time to head west and to rest and purge and refresh because the world I have isn’t changing, my attitude is and it needs an adjustment desperately.
We will walk, we will drive and we will feel the beauty and JOY. I can’t wait to smell the crispness of Autumn and to feel the leafs crush under my feet as we walk by Bow Falls or smell the fudge cooking at the Fudge store on Main Street and stop to pick up Boo’s favorite caramel, marshmallow and pecan suckers you can only find there. We will have a fire and I will renew and I will come back ready to take on this world that can be sometimes so overwhelming.
I can’t even express my gratitude for my life and for all that is mine to make these rough times so much easier. How can you express your very soul’s JOY of renewal and rebuilding and finding strength?
This is a hard weekend for me; it’s a hard time of year. The anniversary of Mom’s death is coming and it is at this time I am reminded of what she was to me, what her strength and wisdom brought to me when times were hard. I ache that she was never able to meet W and to know that I was able to finally feel the kind of marriage love that binds two people. To feel safe and to express opinion without fear of criticism or abuse and to hear the words I’m sorry and to say them and know they are heartfelt and meant. To feel whole – finally – in the way the scriptures describe an eternal love.
I am going to my mountains and I will return ready to take on the stress and to move forward and to find a way to heal and maybe I will be able to find a voice that might be heard so that I can resolve those things left burdening me.
I Love the Mountains, I truly do!
No comments:
Post a Comment