Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Courage By Any Other Name


"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow.” ~ Mary Anne Radmacher

When I was wondering Banff National Park and W and I had parked the car, we wondered...... off the beaten path. We were in the swampy area of Vermilion's Lakes just walking forward, ever forward and it struck me to look back and there it was. Sister's on a dock to a lake surrounded by Autumn and it was perfect in every real way.

I have had a very rough few months. There is no need to go into detail but suffice it to say it was rocky. Looking back for a glimpse can make a wonderful landscape but staring for ever only makes the forward become lost. Forward is a good place to focus, I am looking forward.

I returned to Facebook this week and was gently surprised at all the well wishes and new friends that have connected to old friends who were waiting for a return. I am always so surprised by the adult lives we all have and the strength that so many are showing, it's so inspirational.

Busy is my noun for the next few weeks. Work is crazy so it's pretty much all I do. I look forward to the Winter and to Christmas. I am not looking forward to the ache of missing one, I hope she knows I love her.

Well reminiscing and looking forward aside, what a beautiful journey so far, how can forward not be a pleasant thought process.

No comments: