Sunday, October 3, 2010

Renewal, and Transformation

“Nature often holds up a mirror so we can see more clearly the ongoing processes of growth, renewal, and transformation in our lives.”
~ unknown

This is why I love the mountains so much!
Hi All, we are back and I have been zenned! I can't think of a better way to find yourself that to take yourself to the mountains with the love of your life and truly just zen! I have been renewed and I am forever in debt to this new man of mine who with great patience knew this is exactly what I needed, thank-you W, you are amazing!

We laughed, I cried, and we traveled.... literally over 1000kms searching the beauty that makes this National Park so wonderful. It wasn't just Banff National Park either, it was a hint of Jasper and then a lot of Peter Lougheed Provincial, Kanasaskis, and then, of all places, Highwood cus goodness knows the straightest way from Canmore to Calgary may be 80 km but why not go the long way around..... all 285 kms through some of the most untouched, beautiful roads you have ever seen!

I knew I was going to be okay when I took W to my riverbed, the place I moarned Mom's death, where I took D and he threw rocks for three hours while he purged his Dad's leaving and where I let go all the pain of the divorce and I just shared the beauty of the place and managed this sweet shot which it metaphoric, because my mountains truly are becoming pebbles sooner than ever before!


So, yes, you really can feel the weight of the world and you can let it go by simply removing yourself for some time and renewing and finding in yourself the ability to let it go for a time and be again, just be. I love my man for having the where with all to have the ability to do crazy things like taking off for a weekend and finding the beauty that reminds just WHO is the answer to it all.


And in case I forgot just how wonderful being there was, just sitting on the banks of Johnson Lake when really, there was just W and I there and every reflection of every tree and mountain was seen on a pristine, untouched lake, I started to remember how lucky I have been, how blessed I truly am to have the life I do.

And just to be reminded, on the river bed where I went soooo many times to pray and reflect and find peace... well, W was walking down the river bank and found this, poetic hey! It's like someone knew that someone like me would need a bit of a refresher to know exactly why my song is so strong up there in those mountains!

No comments: