LOL, I wasn’t quite sure how I was going to tackle this one. Now that I have been married for a while I think I can speak from a better place than I have ever been before.
I used to envy my friends whose husbands adored them. I watched as they laughed and giggled about the things girls talk about sometimes. No worries fellows, no details spill. Girls are like that.
I remember a friend talking about how “randy” her husband would get even when he was sick and how much he would tell her he loved her and meant it because he always followed it up with actions. They used to laugh about how they had to work around the kids and be as discreet as they could only to be horrified that their kids would joke about it with their friends. Little did they know that it was a badge of honor for a teenager to have “randy” parents.
While I was at college I dated a guy who had some of the funniest stories. He told me one about when he was 17 and his father was the Bishop of his ward. They had a pool in their front yard, it was a Vancouver thing, and he had gone to one of the church dances. It was a hot summer night and the dance was pretty lame so he packed his parent’s station wagon (no mini vans back then) and a couple of other cars with his friends to rendezvous at his house for a pool party. Everyone was so stoked. All three cars pulled into the front drive at once (his house was surrounded by a large cedar hedge), and his car went silent. He proceeded to jump out of the car only to be met by his dad’s booming voice. “P, could you please take your friends and go to 7-11 for about 5 minutes while your mother and I get out of the pool”. Yup, you guessed it, Bishop and his wife were skinny dipping and nearly all the ward kids caught them! As P told me that story, he told it with great pride and I could understand why. I am pretty sure all the kid’s in the ward were thinking it was pretty cool as well.
I have friends who were determined that in my next marriage, things were definitely going to improve for me in the regard, shoot; I think my girls were of the same opinion. My good friend threatened to take my new husband aside to insure that he would be knowledgeable enough. As the big day came, and my girlfriend hadn’t had a chance to meet W yet, I worried because I knew that she would do exactly what she said. She was late for the wedding and finally met W after the ceremony and true to her word; it was the first sentence out of her mouth. This is the part I love, W calmly assured her that he indeed knew everything she thought he needed to for me to have a much improved sex life.(Sorry, no other way to put it) I think when you see the laughing pictures at our wedding it was around about that moment when they took them. I love G and K for their concern for me but they can put those concerns to rest. All is well.
W is the kindest man I know and who would have ever guessed that kindness could be such an aphrodisiac? We’ve had our candlelit dinners, I have good sheets on the bed ALL THE TIME, and poor W still doesn’t know what hit him. Poor D, his friends tease him all the time and yes, he has even had to talk to us. We really are trying to be discreet! D laughed once he was done so I think, in time, he’s going to understand how lucky he is to have his Mom so happy. My greatest fear was the example I have set previously for my kids. That is changing.
The downside – the kids want us to get a hot tub and we are seriously thinking about it. The only codicil would have to be; enter at your own risk because it may be occupied and it may be “clothing optional” on our behalves. Yup, when we told them that, they were a bit grossed out and promised to call before they came over!
No comments:
Post a Comment