Life Lesson #20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no for an answer.
When I was in grade 11, I studied the great Shakespearean play “Romeo and Juliet”. Now, I was a bit of an English geek and so the complexities of Shakespeare fascinated me. This play has so many standards of alteration all of which became defined by the experience the reader was having at that moment in their lives. For me, a precious virginal Mormon girl; it was heavenly.
Juliet represented all the angst of my youth. She was free spirited and loved the adventure and in the end, she died the most tragic of deaths for love. I fell hook line and sinker and began my quest for my Romeo.
“Romeo, Romeo, where for art thou Romeo?”
I soon became aware that Romeo may not be all that love would have to offer. Love was so complex and multi faceted that to simply believe that love for a Romeo would be enough just wasn’t enough for me. We grow out through love in so many areas of our souls. I learned that loving someone is important, but loving life and the journey, all that this earth experience has to offer, will allow you to mature into a healthy human being. Maturity soon defined love and my quest began to change. I finally understood those couples who had been married 30, 40, 50 and even 60 years. It didn’t have to be perfect, just forgiving.
My love advice is simple – first; love you. Find the reason that getting up in the morning is important. Once you do that, it enables you to more fully love others around you. Master loving them and then the fun begins. You learn to love life and all that it offers. Once life is a joyful journey, you soon learn to seek after all that brings you hope and peace. And before you know it, you are hooked. You will find those activities and be with those people who define the statement, “Joy in the Journey!” and one day, you’ll just know – You are Happy!
No comments:
Post a Comment