"One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. He said, 'My son, the battle is between two 'wolves' inside us all.One is Evil. - It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.The other is Good. - It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith.'The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: 'Which wolf wins?'The old Cherokee simply replied, 'The one you feed.'"
I have battled more within myself in these last few years then at any other time in my life. It seems that the win is secure but every once in a while the battle becomes reticent and I feels it's wounds creep forward.
With each new day, joy, peace, love, serenity, humility, kindness; all of it is becoming a bigger part of my life. I am feeding it and it is becoming who I am. There is recovery, there is hope!
All I have ever hoped for, prayed for, wished for is to find within myself the reasons for being loved and for loving. As my family mends and we become whole I can see these reasons.
Family is the fundamental principal of the gospel.
Of all the efforts and strains and gains we have as we life this worldly journey the one that we carry with us past this earth is who and what we are to our families. Those we chose before we came and those we chose here.
I have loved and continue to love being in and being a part of my amazing family. I have been blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment