"I love Jesus, but I drink a little" ~Gladys Hardy~
http://www.boreme.com/boreme/funny-2007/ellen-gladys-hardy-p1.php?emf=1
I have had one of the hardest weeks I ever have had and was asking me myself; is all this busy living and moving through chaos worth it? I seem to be missing so much and sometimes it feels like life is just rushing by and I'm in but never truly part of it?
I love outspoken honest older people and when the women in this video spoke this line I just about rolled over and off the chair. I doubt I have witnessed that kind of honesty in a while and it made me think; is life that simple?
Can you boldly state you love Jesus and then simply admit your weakness. I thought for a moment and came to a magnificent conclusion.
Absolutely!
It's that simple!
So here's what I am on about.
Sometimes the best things in life are as simple as a statement of fact.
I live in a culture that over demands perfection and judges by a glimpse of you on Sunday. I will never be a pretty glimpse. My baggage is well packed but once in a while gets lost, soon to be found, but my reality is busy and cluttered and sometimes damn difficult.
As long as I know my faults and I am personally working on them and they harm me and no one else, I'm good and loving and being loved by Jesus is possible.
Happy Saturday all, and enjoy the journey!
No comments:
Post a Comment