Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Walking Admidst the Storm

I am heading out to the island for a short but very needed vacation. This year so far is taking a huge toll on me and if I don't take a minute it is going to swallow me up. I learned something today about expectations. A lesson I think keeps coming at me so clearly one I haven't quite learned.

I have mentioned so many times about my giving nature. I need to just realize and stop giving without any expectation of anything back of any kind ever because then I won't be disappointed. I am not sure why this isn't sinking in.

Charity is unselfish and when I give I do so on the principle mostly of karma or whatever you want to call it. It's the pay it forward principle knowing that in reality very few people do so.

I need to stop, completely, before I give all of me away. I am getting close.

They say you earn respect but I keep thinking how much does it really cost. I don't give to earn it, but why can't it just be the change??? Would people respect me more if I just kept saying NO.

A good long walk on an ocean I feel my song through is so needed right now. So needed!

No comments: