25 years ago I met in real person mode BBG#2. We had spent a few months before conversing through the womb and what she let me know inutero was she was a self willed determined woman who would make her own appearance on her own terms. For nearly 10 weeks before her birth we were hospitalized. K2 kept trying to make an entrance and the Dr's kept trying different ways to dissuade her from coming early. On a Friday morning just over two weeks away from her due date - they decided to take a needle that was about 12 inches long and stick it into my womb to gauge her readiness, lung wise for the real world and while they were at it, they were going to check to see if she was a she or a he.Well, before the tests could be read K2 showed up in all her glory, strikingly beautiful and ready, right from the word go to own her life. Some would have called it stubborn but there was always something about it that made her different from all the rest. She was the student every teacher wanted, the child other parents measured their kids against and she easily became a target of the mean girls fueled by jealousy. She even handled that with grace and dignity.
She makes no apologies for her beliefs, she recognizes her issues and chooses the path to work through them and she does it all while I stand in awe. She is the gatekeeper of our family, you mess with any one of us and you feel her wrath. She is the siren call of everything that makes us right and not about what makes us wrong. She reminds of the mountains we have climbed and not the places we fell down. She is a super woman, I have raised superwomen and if you were to ask me how I couldn't even answer how except that they came wrapped up in courage and strength and I am the recipient of their graces.
25 years of awesomeness has been my privilege of being her Mom. Her first 1/4 century has been remarkable, I can hardly wait for the rest.
1 comment:
Thanks Momma, you made yesterday amazing.
Post a Comment