"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song."
~ Maya Angelo
Whenever I think of this amazing place I am visiting I think about completeness and home, in a much more visceral way, like it's you belonging spot, where my soul meets my peace. This is my safety, my healing sanctuary. I get why, I understand on so many levels why my heart is drawn here. Half my blood runs through the energy of the earth that moves and motions through the beaches, the roads, the trails. My father, his father and his father before him have travelled Comox Ave. My Grandmother walked these streets with me holding her hand. All of this is in me and when I am here, like when I am in Calgary, I feel serenity. This serenity however is tugging more and more with each visit I am here.
I am sitting on a bed looking at a basket in the corner of the room meant for my Rocky which I know my Missy will rest her head in. I listened tonight to my Dad tell me about his nearly 60th high school reunion tonight and how he WAS the oldest one there and I think how blessed I am to have my 83 year old dad still around.
Even in the pity party I have been having I have been able to surface to gratitude again. That is what my songs recalls here and that is what I needed most of all.
Thank you Comox, thank-you.

No comments:
Post a Comment