Sunday, May 10, 2009

Joyce Ellen Ross Lloyd

"When I was a child, my mother said to me, 'If you become a soldier, you'll be a general. If you become a monk you'll end up as the pope.' Instead I became a painter and wound up as Picasso."
~ Pablo Picasso

This is a hard holiday for me, it always has been. I remember as a child I would love to make and give my mother something every mother's day. She always did so much for me I could never find a way to give back, I don't think, in all the years she was alive, I ever really made it clear just how truly in debt I was to her for her example. I live that example everyday. I have always said that I will measure my success by just how close I can come to being just like her.

Every breath I take in, labored or not, in some real way aches at the missing of her. She was for me, the greatest cheering section, the wisest teacher and the sternest boss. She enveloped me in an unconditional love that only mothers have the capacity to give and it is what I miss most.

My strength is hers, my wisdom is hers, my hope and my dreams are because she taught me to always be open to the realization that I could be anything. My survival of these last few years is because, at the end of her life, she choose the most unselfish path by taking that time to have me look at all the possibilities that I could have and to take them, enjoy them and to live happy and never once was selfish in the pain of cancer.

Do I feel alone? NEVER, because she is always with me. Her words resonate my thoughts and my actions are a result of her life and the greatest example she gave me.

Happy Mother's Day Mom! Though you are not with me in person, you're spirit is always near. I love you........ and thanks....... for everything!

No comments: