Friday, May 15, 2009

"I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. This is why right, temporarily defeated, is stronger than evil triumphant." ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

I had a checkup yesterday, or maybe I should say tune up. It has been a while since I have checked in with the famous Dr. W and after a few bumps in my proverbial life road I thought I should see if maybe my thought processes were still copasetic with life in general. Apparently, all is well.

Oh sure, there were things that I might have done a bit better but in consideration of where I have been, it’s all good. I am stronger, happier, and healthier; more at peace than I have been in my entire life and that is in part because of the wisdom and advice this wonderful doctor has imparted to me.

Absolutes, surprises, and shocks were part of the discussion but for the most part, living to what I knew in my heart was right has made for a much improved life.

Changes; there is still a bit left over of the owning what isn’t mine to own and being better at boundaries. Will this heartache of a lost 25 years subside? Maybe, but knowing the cost gives me strength so it is vital to have a recollection of the growing from the sad circumstances. This will insure no repeats.

So what am I on about; LIVING WELL and LOVING LIFE. I can’t be accused of not grabbing hold of this concept to its fullest. I have such a deep and extreme hope for my future and for my family’s future. That, in itself, is a bit of miracle because for a time, the despair of a complete hopeless life was my entire existence. So if you are at the beginning of your journey…. Hang tight and if you are at the end….. Hold on! The best is yet to come.

To end this entry, I found this quote. I believe it applies.

"If you're walking down the right path and you're willing to keep walking, eventually you'll make progress." ~Barack Obama

No comments: