Tuesday, February 17, 2009

What Greater Thing?


What greater thing is there for human souls than to feel that they are joined for life - to be with each other in silent unspeakable memories.

~George Eliot

I was thinking when I took this picture; "Wow, have we ever come a long way!" and then I realized that it wasn't so much that we came that long of a way as it was that we realized that we did , in fact, really just belong exactly where we were.

Spending the Family Day weekend with my children seemed the most appropriate thing to do and I have to admit I was a bit scared because it was outside the Christmas holiday and could the feelings of peace and tranquility sustain itself as it had through Christmas. And guess what? It did.

We had a few bumps but overall we did fantastic and more than anything else we really are a healing if not almost completed healed family and we are sowing the most intricate and amazing memories together. Sitting in my Father's living room and watching these beautiful kids interact and play, laugh, cry and enjoy each others company bore witness to me just how far we have come.

I have such a strong belief in family and love and JOY. Every moment I spend in the business of being a family is an investment that is never a bad decision. My children are my greatest assets and without them I would be more than lost. Taking the time to realize just how much we do mean to each other and learning to function even with the bit of left over dysfunction which I believe more then ever is just a part of being a family.

Thank you babies for giving wings to my song! You call me home with your love and joy.

No comments: