“Whatever you do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius and power and magic in it.”
~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
I had the most glorious Sunday afternoon nap this week. My church starts at 9:00am now and this time, though not my favourite, affords me this wonderful luxury of a Sunday afternoon nap. This afternoon was different though. D was off to his cousins because he needs to hear the noise of family. He misses that noise. We are very quiet now and I had the house alone excepting my precious Rocky who was lying down beside me.
Now, this precious companion of mine is starting to show the signs of age. He has the white beard and eyebrows now. When you call him he sometimes can’t here and he moves much slower than he used to. He can barely make it up the stairs. I have a feeling his body is catching up to the old soul that he has. He is the most wonderful of dogs and really, everyone should be blessed with one like him. He has been so great to have around.
Rocky did this thing on Sunday though. It may be laugh and cry and think harder than I ever have about the question. “Are there dogs in Heaven?” I think if you talk to any pet lover they will tell you yes. I can’t imagine not.
So here, let me tell you what happened.
The Little Rocketman woke me up from my nap with his stifled barks and running movements he was making all while he was asleep beside me. My baby was dreaming and from what I could see it was big. He was running as fast as he could, barking and yes, I know, you may think that dog’s don’t smile but this guy was, and big.
I just lay beside him wondering where he was in this dream and with whom. Was he in Fish Creek Park or Grandma’s backyard, maybe the Southland dog run by the Bow River? Who was with him? Maybe he was running beside Hector and Jack or even Chewy but he was with someone and just loved the movement that didn’t involve any of the pain of the arthritis he has.
Rocky is such a quiet dog so I always find it fascinating that in his dreams he’s so noisy. I laughed and thought; does he see himself as a much bigger dog in his dreams? He is always so timid at the dog runs and parks when we are out.
Well, since he can’t tell me I can only hope that in his dreams he’s everything he wants to be and more but in my opinion, he can’t get much better than he is. What I love about living and having this earthly journey is that we have the ability to dream and in that we can make what seems impossible.... possible even if we’re a dog.
Here’s to dreaming!
No comments:
Post a Comment