“Man has two creators, his God and himself. The first creator furnishes him the raw materials of his life—the laws and conformity with which he can make that life what he will. The second creator—himself—has powers he rarely realizes. It is what a man makes of himself that counts.”
~William George Jordon
When I was a very young girl, about nine or ten, I went into my mother and father's powder room. It had two large mirrors set at angles to each other and a chair, where my Mom could sit and apply her makeup. I remember stepping on the chair and sitting cross legged on the vanity staring at the mirror for some time asking the question; "Who am I?"
You have to understand here who I was literally at that point in my life. I had a face full of freckles, a tomboy would be the very least of ways to describe me and my hair a golden red. I wasn't really fitting in anywhere but the pool and for such a young age the question wasn't merely a question of literal parentage but more a deep concern for where did I really come from and where was it I was suppose to go.
I was spiritually inclined early on in my life and as I stared in that mirror I very real truth was revealed to me. As clear as day, as I asked that question, the answer resonated throughout me. "You are a child of God!"
I remember stepping down from the vanity and feeling somewhat relieved and even whole and it was then that I decided that knowing that would always be important in my life.
So what am I on about.
Our own divinity. What purpose, what value does it have in our day to day living? How much of it is preordained and how much is later defined by our efforts, our experiences?
There is so much that I know to be true and yet knowing I am a child/daughter of God has not always been easy. Circumstance can sometimes take us away from these truths. It's not that it ever becomes not, it is simply clouded in the daily living of hectic and discarded lives. It is when we lose our personal balance that we find ourselves undetermined in living a good life as defined my our own intentions.
We have within our very souls the divinity to make decisions that will make us happier, which will draw us closer to our families, friends, loved ones and will exhalt us to a better life. It wasn't until I truly understood that I was a daughter of Heavenly Father that I was able to make choices that sent the karma to the universe that I deserved better. That my family deserved better and because of this enlightenment life has become that much better.
What was once insurmountable is now fordable and what I find is that what was once seen as something I could never do, it is now seen as an adventure just waiting to be partaken. Ups, downs, and sideways are all part of living and embracing them knowing that whatever you set out to do, you do with the reality of your own divinity makes the journey that much more enjoyable.
So once again..... find the joy in your journey, it is so Zen!
No comments:
Post a Comment