ZEN; (noun) a Japanese form of Buddhism
that concentrates on learning through meditation and intuition.
So there you have it. The definition of Zen. I kind of thought I needed to look it up because I wasn't really sure what it meant entirely but here I had named the whole Blog after my journey for it. Oops, maybe I was a bit off but let me give you my slant.I think Zen, in our faith, is that place you get to when you are at church and really, you just are happy there. You're not worried that any one's talking behind your back or that your not nearly as perfect as you should be so you are embarrassed at being there. You just know that the bench you are on is the place you need to be and your at Zen. So yeah, intuition maybe because I totally think that's the spirit saying yup, your right! Go ahead!
Meditation is what I try to do during sacrament but the totally awesome church kid who sits two rows back is always on for saying the most profound things as loud as she can during it. Like when she says "Mom, where's the water going to get here so you can give me my snack so I'll be quiet" or "hey Mom, look. That's Derek and his Mom is sitting right here. I hope he gets that bread to me quick, I am hungry!" That's what I love about our church. Kids like that make it worth the effort to be there. I can almost always get to Zen when I know once the sacrament is almost over and G. has her snack and isn't obsessed with the deacon I sit with i begin to listen and feel the spirit. It's great!
No comments:
Post a Comment