Sunday, June 22, 2008

I Love You More!



Did I say how much I love my kids! What I love most is how much I love being friends. I know there are times when friendship isn't possible, like when you need to teach a lesson that only can come from the strict parent, but when you just spend time together and friendship is at the most peaceful level, I know I am succeeding as a mother.
Today, I made a decision that I know Grandma L was guiding me in. I had to put aside an ingrained belief to adapt to a new one. One of my kids just needed Mom. She might not believe like I do so I needed to adjust to let her know just how much I love her. I wouldn't change a thing because I know the Lord understands. He knew I needed to be with her in whatever capacity. I wouldn't change a thing.
What thrills me is how much of a two way street this is. She in turn is such a help to me. I love her for that.
I have such a strong testimony of the example of my Savior. I can read the scriptures and understand that Love is essential in being. How could I possibly not put my Love for her ahead of what others might think. Whatever sacrifice is made, it will always go in favor of my role as a parent. Somehow, being complete, comes when she turns and says, "I Love You Mom", and then I turn, and repeat the words of the greatest Mom I ever knew, "I LOVE YOU MORE!"
Know this, K and K and K and D. I will always and forever LOVE YOU MORE.

No comments: