So there's this rule in the great book " Rules to Being a Mormon" that says those that are single must NEVER, and I mean NEVER, have any friendships with those the are married for fear that they might, and this is my favorite, convince their married friends to leave their spouses. There are exceptions.
My friend, and I shall call her the card dealer, is one of those. She has just as many single friends as married friends and it doesn't bother her. AND GET THIS! It doesn't bother her husband either. He's the new Bishop. (Not that being that made her this way, she was like it before he was called.) There is a God.
A few days ago she called me up and she's like; "what's this schizophrenic thing your doing with .... and she starts talking to me about some plans I had shared with her,...... ect". That's what I love about her. She will tell me when I am getting a bit odd and she is a huge fan when I do things right. Every divorcing woman needs a friend like this!
I can count on her to tell me exactly what I need to hear so that I can ground myself... even if it hurts. Man there have been times when what she had to say hurt like hell but she knew that hearing it was like bumping me off the road to hell. Thank-you L. I owe you and there will come a time when life will realign and I can pay back all the favors you have done for me.
One of the most amazing aspects of my journey so far has been the way the Lord has put these incredible people in my path. A, L, S, E, M, V, Dr. W, Dr. Z, and some great Bishops. ( I know I've left some people out, I am sorry!) All have made the journey to a much more enlightened ZEN experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment