One of the things I absolutely love about Calgary is the sunshine. We get the most daylight sun hours of anywhere else in Canada! It's awesome. So today, especially after almost becoming Vancouverish this month Calgary got some serious sunshine. Oh....it felt great.
I had to help out with a charity event this morning and we had the first glimpses of what was looking to be a beautiful day and then by this afternoon...VOILA'. A sunny day! There is nothing like the warmth of the sun hitting your tired face and invigorating your Serotonin to happy levels again. What else could be better!
A LIFE LESSON!
I love the way that life happens to me.
So after K's dance Recital , her adorable boyfriend, she and I decided to go to an uppity restaurant to feel more special. I do that sometimes. We went to this cool Bistro downtown and had a wonderful dinner, (Thank-you Again A) and had enjoyed insightful full on adult conversation. (Just a note here, I love how my kids are becoming my best est friends.)
As we were leaving the restaurant, the coolest thing happened. A SUN SHOWER. Here we were walking down the street, rain falling on us, and shielding are eyes from the sun. K mentioned that just yesterday she was driving through one of the worst hail storms she been in but needed her sun glasses to avoid the glare. You see, the Lord works in this incredible way. Really crappy stuff can happen even on sunny days. You can feel the warmth, the oozing of happiness from being in the warmth even while it's still raining.
I love SUN SHOWERS. They remind me of how my life has been for the last few years. I could see a great day and a whole lot more great days coming but I also knew that it might rain at the same time. All I had to do was concentrate on the sun and let the rain just be an added bonus.
I had to help out with a charity event this morning and we had the first glimpses of what was looking to be a beautiful day and then by this afternoon...VOILA'. A sunny day! There is nothing like the warmth of the sun hitting your tired face and invigorating your Serotonin to happy levels again. What else could be better!
A LIFE LESSON!
I love the way that life happens to me.
So after K's dance Recital , her adorable boyfriend, she and I decided to go to an uppity restaurant to feel more special. I do that sometimes. We went to this cool Bistro downtown and had a wonderful dinner, (Thank-you Again A) and had enjoyed insightful full on adult conversation. (Just a note here, I love how my kids are becoming my best est friends.)
As we were leaving the restaurant, the coolest thing happened. A SUN SHOWER. Here we were walking down the street, rain falling on us, and shielding are eyes from the sun. K mentioned that just yesterday she was driving through one of the worst hail storms she been in but needed her sun glasses to avoid the glare. You see, the Lord works in this incredible way. Really crappy stuff can happen even on sunny days. You can feel the warmth, the oozing of happiness from being in the warmth even while it's still raining.
I love SUN SHOWERS. They remind me of how my life has been for the last few years. I could see a great day and a whole lot more great days coming but I also knew that it might rain at the same time. All I had to do was concentrate on the sun and let the rain just be an added bonus.
No comments:
Post a Comment