The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he never would be found out. ~Thomas Babington Macaulay
I have mentioned on and off about my father. He is a silent hero and this past week we found out that he is to be honored with Alberta's highest honor - the Order of Excellence.
It is awarded to citizens of the province who have shown exemplary leadership skills. My Dad is an unsung hero. Much of what he does goes by without pomp and ceremony. When his biography is published I will be able to further explain the great work he has been involved in.
I was BLESSED with goodly parents. I am honored to be a daughter of such wonderful people. Some would say differently. He may never had held a prominent church calling but what he did do was make a difference in a much broader and deeper way by affecting for good the lives of those less fortunate in SE Asia. I think of the Savior's beatitudes and I think in a real way that is best in describing his work.
Yeah, he was an absent Dad, but if in his absence he accomplished the things he did then it's OK because his example is what is left and I can live with that.
Thanks Dad foe being so awesome.

No comments:
Post a Comment