You cannot tell what may happen to us in the strange melody of life. But we can decide what happens in us .... How we can take it, and what we do with it .... And that is what really counts in the end. - Joseph Fort Newton
Taking life by the horns is a concept I have gladly become very familiar with. Times and situations have forced choices in my life I never thought I'd ever have to make. Over time, I have learned that I can and mostly do trust my inner voice. It works for me.
When I decided I had had enough with my work situation I knew what I needed and wanted to make the "Fall" of my life stress reduced. For just over 7 months at my old company I experienced the dream team of management. These men functioned in such a way that the entire group worked at a high level with a minimized level of stress. They worked hard and laughed harder! It was a pleasure to be a part of one of the highest producing teams at the company.
As in all large scale oil and gas companies, organizational structure changes. My new manager was difficult, all I am going to say. I had to decide, as much as I loved working with the members of Frog LK/Fishing LK teams management style was having such a strong negative influence on the members, stress became an everyday way of being. Then, one day, it was apparent it was affecting me much more than any job should, I was done.
I have been blessed in my career to be able to find good jobs, in this case, when all was said and done, there were three avenues I could have taken. The choice was made not based on income, benefits, (though 5 weeks vacation is very sweet), I made it based on the individuals I had met and interviewed with.
Having experienced the dream team I knew what was important. Having a manager who respects you and appreciates your efforts and your sacrifices makes you feel more willing to give your best.
Going to work now is back to being a Joy! I look forward to contributing in my role and the bonus is, great salary, great compensation and the best part, working with awesome people and management is what is known in the work world as a WIN/WIN!
So, to get to the point.
If you don't like whatever it is in your life that is making you unhappy, change it and use the lesson you've learned in those difficult times to define the path those changes will take!
Gotta love life experience, when you use it right, it just makes for a better life.

No comments:
Post a Comment