Friday, May 11, 2012

Greater Minds


"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly." - Albert Einstien

This quote/post has sat in my saved folder for some time. The words are strong and time and time again I have penned my thoughts and backed away.

I was asked why I felt the way I did and why I share it so quietly. Why not be stronger, why not louder?

The answer is simple, the words begin;

Go placidly......

What does that mean?

Inside was soul, every once in a while, the rage surfaces. I want to scream, yell, kick and tell the world that whole long saga. Defend it all, Accuse unabashedly. Let it all out. FIGHT BACK.

In the end, it only harms me.

Every storm that rages within us is conquerable. Every storm passes.

I very rarely rage anymore. I very rarely anger. When I do, it's noticed and it's taken seriously but rage is a beautiful beast that when tamed can be used positively and it becomes reasonable and understandable.

As the wise woman said;

"you cannot reason with the unreasonable".

I am who I am because I have overcome the storms. When I let others stir me to anger I find within myself the cracks in the armour.

I do not bow or excuse my thoughts but I do not impose my judgments on anyone.

I am whole, and because I am, I seek nothing from anyone else.

That is zen.

I found it.

Finally.





No comments: